Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Mango Ginger Chicken with Almonds


I was really torn about which recipe I wanted to share with you today. I have quite a backlog of recipes waiting to be posted, and they are all vying for my attention. My first inclination was to tell you about some awesome ground beef enchiladas. Then I checked the list of my most recent posts and realized I have been leaning strongly towards Mexican-inspired flavors as of late. Oops, so much for variety. (But don’t worry, I won’t hold off on telling you about the enchiladas for too long.) Then it was on to the chicken debate. I have five good recipes to tell you about. But I wasn’t feeling decisive enough to pick one. A great spring pasta? I wasn’t thrilled with the pictures. Baked goods? Healthy or sinful? You can see the conundrum.


All things considered, I decided to select a recipe whose flavors share the summery feeling Nashville’s current 80-degree weather is bringing out in me. This Mango Ginger Chicken with Almonds fit the bill perfectly – a little bit fruity, a little bit spicy, and filling without being heavy. In other words, this quick chicken stir-fry is perfect warm weather dinner fare. While I can’t say the same for this amazing weather, I’m certain this recipe is here to stay… at least until next winter.

One Year Ago: Meyer Lemon and Asparagus Risotto

Mango Ginger Chicken with Almonds
Adapted from Simply Recipes

Ingredients:
1 1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast, sliced crosswise 1/2-inch thick
2 tsp. ground coriander
1 tsp. fresh ginger, grated plus 1/4 cup fresh ginger, julienned
4 tsp. canola oil, divided
2 tsp. white wine vinegar
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
4 large scallions (or 6 small), white parts thinly sliced, green parts julienned
1/2 cup mango chutney, large pieces chopped
1/4 cup chicken broth
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 cup almonds, sliced or slivered, toasted

Directions:
In a large bowl, combine the chicken, coriander, grated ginger, 2 teaspoons of the canola oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Toss well to coat the chicken evenly. Set aside to marinate at room temperature for 15 minutes.


While the chicken marinates, stir together the mango chutney, broth, and garlic in a small bowl.


Heat the remaining 2 teaspoons of oil in a wok or large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the scallion whites and the julienned ginger. Stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add the chicken and stir-fry until cooked through, about 4 to 6 minutes. Add the scallion greens and the chutney mixture. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.


Transfer the chicken mixture to serving dishes and sprinkle with the toasted almonds.


Serves 4.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent post. I want to thank you for this informative read, I really appreciate sharing this great post. Keep up your work… top rice suppliers You did the a great work writing and revealing the hidden beneficial features of

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails