Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Watermelon-Lime Margaritas


I may have mentioned before that I’m a fan of margaritas.  Unlike many of my friends, tequila and I don’t have an ugly past history. We get along just fine.  Take some tequila, mix it up with some citrus, and I’m a happy girl.


And I while I like my margaritas the traditional way (and preferably top shelf), sometimes it’s fun to mix things up.  That’s how I was feeling when I came up with today’s recipe.  I had a whole, super sweet watermelon cut up in the fridge, and I got to thinking.  And then I got to experimenting.  And then I got to tasting.  And let me tell you, these Watermelon-Lime Margaritas taste good! 


Sweet watermelon, tangy lime juice, the kick of tequila and Grand Marnier – and a little fizz, just to make things fun.  And let me tell you, you are guaranteed to have fun with these margaritas.  However, if you’re not in the margarita mood, the watermelon-lime juice tastes just as delicious mixed with equal parts sparkling water.  Either way, your taste  buds are in for a good time.


Watermelon-Lime Margaritas

Ingredients:
Watermelon-Lime Juice *
Silver Tequila
Sparkling Water
Grand Marnier

Directions:
Combine 2 parts watermelon-lime juice, 1 part sparkling water, 1 part tequila, and 1/2 part Grand Marnier in a cocktail shaker.  Add ice and shake until chilled.  Strain and serve cold.

Serves 1 (if using a shot glass to measure each part). 

* To make watermelon-lime juice, combine 2 cups watermelon juice (from about 5 cups puréed and strained watermelon) and the juice of 2 limes. Stir well.

2 comments:

  1. These are the shizzle. I do have a torrid past with our dear friend Tequila, but for a fancy-schmancy margarita, I'm willing to suck it up and just go for it. As soon as I get past that 10-year-old memory that comes with the first sip, I'm good to go and then keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monica - It's good to know it's possible to get past the first sip. It gives me hope I might be able to drink an appletini again one day!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails